Preparing & Staging Your Home
- Walk through each room and criticize the home from a buyer's perspective.
- Find a reliable REALTOR® for their advice and service.
- Hire a contractor to handle any major projects.
- Hold a yard sale. Sell, donate or trash anything you don't need.
CLEAN, DECLUTTER AND DEPERSONALIZE
- Thoroughly clean the entire home.
- Scrub tile in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Clean hardwood floors.
- Steam clean carpets.
- Consider replacing carpet if stains are prominent.
- Get rid of all dust bunnies.
- Repair cracks and holes in the walls.
- Paint interior walls with neutral colors, like beige, cream or light pastels. Pale blues and greens are good for bathrooms.
- Remove excess and oversized furniture.
- Rearrange furniture to maximize space.
- Organize room closets and store out-of-season clothes.
- Remove all small appliances, toys, magazines and pet items.
- Remove family photos, personal collections and medications.
- Remove items from the garage and store them off site.
- Secure valuable items, including cash and jewelry.
- Clear the countertops.
- Replace outdated hardware.
- Clean appliances and fixtures.
- Clean and organize the pantry, cabinets and drawers.
- Replace old caulking around sinks and bathtubs.
- Keep all toilet seat lids closed. Hang fresh towels.
MAXIMIZE CURB APPEAL
- Paint the home's exterior, including trim, doors and shutters.
- Check front door, doorbell, address number and welcome mat.
- Power wash the siding and windows.
- Inspect the roof and make repairs as needed.
- Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalks.
- Sweep the entryway and walkways.
- Mow, water and fertilize the lawn.
- Trim shrubs and trees and rake the leaves.
- Plant colorful flowers and shrubs.
- Store any toys or equipment lying on the yard.
- Clean up pet droppings.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
APPEAL TO THE SENSES
- Bake cookies or burn scented candles.
- Offer light refreshments.
- Install higher wattage incandescent light bulbs to brighten rooms.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open windows to let in fresh air.
- Open curtains or blinds to let in natural light and show off views.
- Turn off TVs.
- Relocate pets on the day of the open house.
- Refrain from smoking in the home.
SHOW OFF YOUR HOME'S BEST FEATURES
- Remove rugs to show off hardwood floors.
- Pull back drapes to showcase nice views.
- Stage the front porch or deck with furniture and potted plants.
- Make sure fireplaces are in working condition.
- Clean the backyard and pool area.
109 Lily Turf Cove
4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths
Approx 2730 sq. ft.
$300,000 Represented Buyer - 17744 Chalet Cir
3 bedrooms, 3 baths
Approx 2191 sq. ft.
$220,000 Represented Buyer 1108 Thorn Creek
3 bedrooms, 2 baths
Approx 1520 sq. ft.
$19,995,000 Arch Stanton Ranch in Fredericksburg
13 bedrooms, 15.5 baths
Approx 20000 sq. ft.
$248,000 Just Made Over!
3 bedrooms, 2 baths
Approx 1513 sq. ft.